Wednesday, July 19, 2006

34 week check-up

Jason and I went to my 34 week check-up today. Interestingly enough, I lost four pounds in two weeks. Right before I had a panic attack and headed right for McDonalds, the nurse and the doctor both assured me that it's somewhat normal for my weight range. I've never heard of someone losing weight this far in the game, but if they're not worried, I'm not worried. Damn...no excuse to eat a triple cheese burger meal.

Besides that, my blood pressure is totally normal (120/80) and the baby's heartbeat was 152. Thankfully, the doctor said everything is moving along right on schedule. I've been experiencing some Braxton Hicks contractions (or "practice contractions") lately. So, we asked him, "How will we know which contractions to pay attention to?" He said, "When you can't talk through them." UGH! I know it's going to hurt...but just hearing him say that sends shivers up my spine. As the due date gets closer, reality is setting in.

We really enjoyed the Rogers baby shower! The food was amazing and we had a great time. Thanks to all who came! And thank you, Mom, for organizing a perfect shower. It was awesome!

Mandy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys. Wow Eva, she is definently a girl, she is already trying to lose weight.

Anonymous said...

sorry kinda new to the whole blogger thing. It didn't put my name - Buddy!!!!