Thursday, March 19, 2009

Same Parents....Different Kids

Since this blog is sort of my online 'baby book' for our kids, I thought I'd point out some of the differences that I've seen between them so far. In fact, they are SO different from each other, I can only think of one strong similarity...SILLINESS! But more on that later.

Eating:
Evelyn eats like a little bird. If she takes two bites from her dinner, we consider it a good meal. She'll eat more of her favorite meals, but for the most part, she has a two bite maximum. Reagan eats like a horse. She's never met a food she doesn't like. She loves veggies and actually prefers them over other things. Evelyn literally gags when a vegetable even touches her lips....I mean REALLY gags!

Sense of Humor:
Evelyn likes to be teased. Even as a baby, she thought it was hilarious if I would hold something up for her to grab, then quickly pull it away. Try that joke with Reagan, and you'd better expect some screaming. Reagan likes the element of surprise. Peak a boo, jumping around corners, and shocking her in general cracks her up.

Cuddling:
Evelyn has just recently started cuddling. She's just never been much of a touch-feely baby. Reagan, on the other hand, wants to cuddle every chance she gets. She'll even stop playing with her favorite toy just to come up and lay her head on your knee for a little cuddle time. She also gives kisses almost ever time you ask her (she leans in and smacks her lips and everything). We used to have to trick Evelyn into giving us a kiss by telling her we had a boo boo on our lips.

Pain:
When Evelyn has a serious fall, she cries for a max of 30 seconds. When Reagan falls...even when she catches herself and she isn't hurt...the world ends. Frankly, I think it's her ploy to get more cuddle time.

Listening:
Since she learned the word, "no," Evelyn has listened. She's tested me here and there, of course. But for the most part, she's always been a good listener. Reagan? Not so much. Every single day, I find myself saying the same thing..."Reagan, don't touch, honey. Reagan, don't touch. NO Reagan! Reagan! REAGAN! NO! DON'T TOUCH!" (btw...I just found my first grey hair. I named it Reagan).

Kid's Choice Awards:
Evelyn...clearly a Daddy's girl. Reagan...clearly a Mommy's girl.

And now for the silliness:

My kids are so silly, it's crazy! They goof off nearly every waking moment, which provides me hours of entertainment (and hours of time on the phone calling Jason, grandparents and other friends and family about the funny things they've done). They certainly have silliness in common. Other than that, I'm not sure they share one single trait. And, I wouldn't change that for the world. I love how different they are and I can't wait to see what kind of grown-ups they will be. While I don't make it a practice to compare my girls, I do like to cherish their individuality.

No comments: